BMW UK Sells Two Millionth Vehicle in Britain 31 Years after it Officially Entered the Market ~ Greatest Vehicles

Wednesday 5 October 2011

BMW UK Sells Two Millionth Vehicle in Britain 31 Years after it Officially Entered the Market



Some 31 years after it officially opened shop in the British market, BMW UK Ltd has sold its two millionth vehicle, a 530d Gran Turismo. Coincidentally, the company's first car sold in the UK on January 1, 1980, was also a 5-Series, albeit an E12 M535i saloon.

After receiving the keys to his new car and learning about the milestone, Ken Haynes from Wolverhampton, said: “I’m delighted to find out I’m the two million man for BMW. The BMW 530d Gran Turismo is the perfect car for me as I like the space, versatility and high standard specification. I run an engineering business under my own name and being able to have a luxury car that allows for large items in the boot is the perfect combination.”





It won't be long before the 5-Series marks another milestone for BMW as the Bavarian firm has already sold 5,839,866 units worldwide since the mid-size model's launch in 1972.

0 comments:

Post a Comment